Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First Sugar Roads for me




It has been snowing all day.  Finally it sticks and stays for atleast a few more hours.  I know that a year from now I will be like all other New Yorkers and complain about this Manhattan size slurpy that is just everywhere, but I just moved here and to see snow on the ground in a place called home for the first time in my life is kind of cool.  I read a lot of Calvin and Hobbes and never had the chance as a kid to stay home on a snow day.  So, when I look out my window (as seen in these photos) and see the streets of this beautiful city covered in a blanket of white sugar, it reminds me why I left Los Angeles.  To enjoy the things I always wanted and couldn't find in California. 

Snow outside my window.  It is my own personal Calvin and Hobbes strip.

It's been a long week so far (yes, it's only Tuesday) and somehow seeing this outside my window gets me as excited as a kid on snow day.

UPDATE:  The snow stopped dumping.  I stepped outside and it is tiny ice cubes falling from the sky.  A mohito on the fire escape sounds tempting.

No comments: