Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bach to the future!

"A handout graphic image shows a reconstruction of the face of German composer Johann Sebastian Bach.  This is the first representation of Bachs face  made using his excavated skull.  Researchers said on Thursday that it should be a better likeness of the composer than in existing sculptures and paintings."  - REUTERS.com

Is it just me? or does Bach look like every suspect sketch I ever seen for a 50 year old child molester?   Seriously.  I swear there is a guy selling fake Prada bags on the corner of 40th street and 7th that looks just like this guy.  Seriously people.  Why do we need to know what Bach looked like anyway?  The guy is dead.  I mean really, nobody is going to look at this picture and go "You know, I used to hate classical music, but this new image of Bach, I mean the guy looks so sophisticated and sexy.  He has this whole Harrison Ford hair cut and the awesome Miami tan is just fab.  I really think I like his music now.   The guy looked like a jackass before in his paintings, but now...well, now he looks like George Clooney with a slight overweight problem.  Who wouldn't want to listen to this guy play now?"


No comments: