Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mark it ZERO


"Mark it Zero" - Famous words by Walter on The Big Lebowski

Today, at 4:17 P.M. Eastern, I, Shai Dahan have officially paid my very last debt.  I am officially "ZERO" in debt in this world.  No credit card monthly payments for silly things like the iToilet or the complete collection of Saved By The Bell, no unpaid parking tickets from 1998, no money owed to the government, no money owed to "The Man", no money owed to bill collectors who I have gotten to know on a first name basis (sup Steve), no money owed to bank accounts that I had in college and had overdrafts for 7 years (one of which was for only $7.15), 

No more debt.  Zero, nada, zilch......well.....I will always be in debt to my pops.  But he knows I am good for it.  :)

It feels good to be zero in debt....my wife and her school loans on the other hand.......well, that's another story....for another credit card to tell.

For now, I celebrate this debt free day.  Probably by going to buy an expensive champagne on my Discover card (just kidding dad).

No comments: