Friday, July 11, 2008

A Little Rob Machado In The Family.


My little nephew signed up for surf camp.  I have to say I was proud of the little grom.  I have been surfing....scratch that, "attempted" to surf for a few years while living in Venice.  I planted my face in the sand underwater more then I planted my legs on the board.  Somehow the waves always flew me off of them faster then the cheerleader did to me on prom night.

The neph has been getting into some good sports. He picked up skateboarding which is good.  Last time I saw him, the little kid was doing kick flips and grinds.  I was proud.

Today, I got some photos of him surfing it up at Zuma (which is one of the best spots to surf in LA).  When I saw these, he reminded me of a young Rob Machado ("Jew-Fro and all" as my buddy Rich said).
Rob Machado
I got a kick out of seeing him take those waves and ripping them.  Totally shredding. 

Just wanted to give the little grom some props.  Wish I could be there to take him out to the waters.  Atleast he isn't beating up paparazzi's.




No comments: