Friday, July 18, 2008

Not ToKnight I Guess

I have mentioned in a previous post that I suffer from L.A.D. (Late Adaptor Disorder).  This is true as well to trying to get things done on time before its too late.  Here, I thought (on a Friday mind you) "Hey, I should go and see the Dark Knight movie tonight or this weekend".

I didn't bother to read the news that happened to mention this little bit:

Fandango, the nations leading movie ticket sellers, says it appears to be selling between 9 and 10 tickets per second for the pic. More than 2,000 sold-out showtimes. Add that to MovieTickets.com’s 1,600 and you’ve got close to 4,000 performance sell-outs!

MovieTickets said Thursday that it's registered more than 1,600 sellouts among domestic showtimes throughout the weekend for "Dark Knight." Those included more than 300 sold-out showtimes at cinemas in Los Angeles and New York."

The online ticketer said 94% of its recent ticket sales were for "Dark Knight."

Warner Bros sources say that Imax has 1,600 shows in all U.S. screens for this weekends opening of Batman: The Dark Knight. As of 5PM Wednesday, 1,400 of those shows were sold out.

The above image is what I got when I tried buying tickets for this evening.  Even the late shows are sold out.  Guess I have to go see Mamma Mia instead.

No comments: